25 January 2012

news; or how posting is either obsessive or nonexistent

apologies. I sure do apologize a lot. There are hosts of things I could use for the explanation/excuses dance, but suffice to say that I was here, I went away, I came back, and there were a lot of things going on in my head. There's still creative stuff percolating away, but it's been pushed behind a wall of excitement and terror. I've been verbally/provisionally accepted to a graduate program in mass media arts and journalism. I can't tell if it's more scary that the chair mapped out the schedule of my classes for the next year and a half or that I still had to hand in my application and gather letters of recommendation...or that I have to wait until June and was about a week too late to just get started now.

The waiting is killing me. True, I now have time to plan things, pop in final vacations (yay California and the free time I had to think things out!), get my sister's wedding sorted, all sorts of fun things, but I have the patience of a gnat. I make a decision, I want it to happen straightaway, no waiting, no reflection. Reflection drives me nuts because then I get all doubtful.

In any case, I have to fill my time between now and official acceptance and actually beginning classes (can anyone wait to see me juggle grad classes and a full Formula One reporting schedule, along with maid of honor duties and a full-time job?)...so I should get a-posting here. Maybe some of my other blogger friends will give me something extra to do, maybe I'll get back on the fiction writing (anyone remember the first four parts of my short story?).

It all comes down to the fact that I need to get back on the proverbial horse. I am rather excited for grad school, with its multitudinous branching future options (stay here, maybe teach here, maybe commute to teach locally, maybe a doctoral program nearby or far away, etc.) and to get back to academics. There are already thesis thoughts floating around my head, when I'm not planning too far in advance and dreaming about happy little college professorships that simply cannot happen for ages.

Until then I remain here, physically and online. There will be food and fun and book clubs and fashion pictures and creativity. Keep reading and following on Twitter and checking out the Facebook page. I look forward to sharing the new experiences with you and continue to apologize for my flakiness.

"Be well. Do good work. Keep in touch." - Garrison Keillor

No comments:

Post a Comment