07 December 2011

holidays; or how sometimes life gets in the way of fun

oh dear. It has been a while, hasn't it? It turns out that I'm no good at this blogging thing unless I'm slightly obsessive about it...which certainly isn't healthy. Well, never fear, there are plenty of recipes and silly stories still rattling about in this brain. However, I have decided that it simply is not healthy to prance about taking pictures of myself most days of the week. I just can't do it: the existence of this blog smacks enough of narcissism without pictures of myself all over it. So, expect a few fewer pictures, certainly less of me, and maybe some more doodles. As is life, this is a work in progress.

Plus, my sister and her man are getting married. At the moment, they want to hold it near my house, a good five or six hour drive from their own, which makes me something of a wedding location planner for the near future. I can't wait for their ceremony, and since I'm maid of honor, to be part of it! It does make for a busy girl though.

Still, with no racing and no vacations within the family planned for the near future, this girl has a bit more creative time. I decorated for Christmas last weekend and my house feels like a magical winter wonderland now. I can't wait to get on the cookie baking train and have drank a half gallon of eggnog {mainly used a coffee creamer} in five days. I'm pretty secular when it comes to Christmas, loving the feast and ways to show your love for those around you, rather than the Christian religious tradition. I'm pretty sure everyone can get behind a holiday that promotes good will towards all and fairy lights. This is the time of year where I turn off all the lights but the Christmas ones and sit still, being thankful for all I've got. Over the next couple of weeks I'll being going over my family's traditional holiday delicacies. drinks, and a teeny bit of party planning. I hope you enjoy this season to the best of your abilities.
"Be well. Do good work. Keep in touch." - Garrison Keillor

No comments:

Post a Comment