10 October 2012

love, honor & friendship; or engagement pictures!

as I've posted about or chattered away about rather a lot lately, my sister is getting married at the end of the month. She's not really my biological sister, but she is my best friend in ways that calling her a bestie simply can't cover. I'm an only child and she has only brothers, so it is only fair that we got to pick out each other as sisters.

I've been thinking more and more about my maid of honor toast for their wedding lately. Mainly because she reminded me that there are less than three weeks left & I should probably begin coordinating with the matron of honor on our joint speech. Sari & Brett aren't perfect, individually or together, but they are perfect for each other. They balance and work together in ways I am always honored to witness.

There isn't a lot of PDA in Brett & Sari land, especially when you consider the pool of PDA they swim in in North Jersey. Theirs is a bit more of a quiet love, one that sneaks up on you. They don't need me to retell the the story of their courtship, at least until I give the actual toast at their wedding, but I'm happy to say that I somehow managed to keep my mouth shut before ruining the surprise. See, Sari had no idea she was into Brett until she found out at her own pace. I knew, but she needed to realize on her own. She did, as did he, and they've been a wonderful couple since.

A few weeks ago, I threw a bridal shower, then took Sari into the city the next day. It was delightful and lovely and well-received, all the things necessary in a bridal shower. The true fun bit came later that afternoon when I took their engagement pictures.I like to think I captured them and their love appropriately.

"Be well. Do good work. Keep in touch." - Garrison Keillor

No comments:

Post a Comment